How do you pick the right holistic or biological dentist for you?
General dentistry is slowly being replaced with holistic dentistry.
Because modalities and materials thought to be safe in the last century have been proven to be incredibly dangerous to your mouth and overall health.
Two major examples:
Amalgam, also known as silver fillings. Have been proven to be toxic and leak dangerous mercury into the body.
Fluoride- which is now a known toxin that wreaks havoc on all systems of the body.
This is the best way to find a truly holistic or biological dentist in your area. This means they have gone through the proper training to be holistic certified.
2. Make sure they do not place amalgam fillings, also known as silver fillings. They are toxic and known to leach dangerous mercury into the body.
If you are looking to remove your amalgam fillings, make sure your dentist uses the SMART amalgam removal protocol and knows how to counsel you on detox pathways.
3. Find a dentist who asks about your diet and lifestyle choices. They are major factors in oral health and preventing cavities.
4. Fluoride-free treatments. Fluoride is a toxin! There are much safer and more effective ways to remineralize teeth like hydroxyapatite, MI paste, and vitamins and minerals.
5. Airflow-guided biofilm therapy hygiene appointments. It is the safest and most effective way to professionally clean your teeth. This helps maintain your enamel levels and safely remove biofilm.
6. Oral bacteria plaque slide. Make sure your dentist does this to evaluate low, moderate, and high-risk bacteria present in the mouth. Did you know spirochetes, a high-risk bacterium have been found to travel from the mouth to other parts of the body like the brain, and heart!
7. Metal-free! Make sure your dentist does not place any metals in the mouth ie crowns, bridges, retainers, or implants. Metal in the mouth has been shown to cause metal toxicity and galvanization.
8. CBCT 3d cone beam technology. Make sure your dentist does this scan to evaluate for hidden infections most commonly in root canals, evaluate airway, and jaw disorders.
9. Biocompatibility testing, muscle testing, or applied kinesiology. Most people are chemically sensitive. Some are more than others and it is quite apparent. Find a dentist who understands this and uses testing to make sure materials are safe for you.
To your health,
Jennifer Corrigan RDA
Dr. Kayleigh A. Short DMD, formerly of Integrative Dentistry in Seattle, is your top choice for holistic dental care available to the greater Seattle area, Mukilteo, Mill Creek, Monroe, Snohomish, Duvall, Whidbey Island, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Everett, and surrounding areas. Washington State, nationwide, and worldwide we are available for telemedicine holistic dentistry consults. For the best in holistic dental and natural holistic facial aesthetic needs. We diagnose complex dental health cases, that other dentists turn away. Contact us today or schedule an appointment to discover how we can help optimize your oral health and support your wellness journey. ~Dr. Kayleigh Short and the WDC Team
Your message has been sent. We'll contact you shortly